Quick & Easy Cajun Sweet Potato Vegan Tacos
I love a quick and easy recipe so when I tried making these Sweet Potato Vegan Tacos I could not wait to share with my lifestylers. We all know balancing work and life always has it’s challenges , so when trying to manage both, productivity and wellness are my top priority! Anytime, I discover new ways to maximize or optimize those priorities, it’s a win for win for everyone, especially my hubby!
Everyone knows I’m the cook in our household so I try to come up with easy vegan recipes that we both can make and eat on the go. That means we spend less time ordering not so healthy vegan fast food on UberEats and more time maintaining a healthy diet that contains fewer calories and more nutrients!
I KNOW GUAC IS EXTRA! BUT SO AM I!
We all know by now ‘Guac is extra” but the taste and health benefits makes it all worth it! That’s why In honor of #guacamoleday I wanted to share one of my all-time favorite ways to eat guac at home when I am busy working or strapped for time.
Funny story. My husband didn’t like avocados but liked guacamole. He didn’t realize they were one in the same lol. Now he loves avocado!
GUACAMOLE IS A SNACK & A WHOLE MEAL WHEN YOU PAIR IT WITH THESE DELICIOUS SWEET POTATO TACOS! 😋
CHECK OUT MY GUACAMOLE RECIPE TIK TOK VIDEO
- 1 half small red onion
- 1 parsley bunch
- 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes
- 3 green onion bulbs
- Squeeze 2 limes
- Add 4 regular size avocados ( extra if you like)
- 1-2 tablespoons of Cajun Spice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed peppers
Mix all in bowl, throw avocado seeds in bowl to prevent browning and voila! Eat with your favorite pita chips or add as a topping to your meal!
Now For The Sweet Potato Vegan Tacos Recipe
quick & easy sweet potato tacos topped with fresh guacamole FOR THE BUSY WIFEPRENEUR & foodie!Course: DinnerCuisine: Mexican, AmericanDifficulty: Easy
3-4 small sweet potatoes sliced and diced
2 tablespoons of Cajun Spice
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon of white pepper
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
pinch of cumin
- PICKLED CABBAGE & ONION
half of red/ purple cabbage
half of red onion
- Slice and dice sweet potatoes into bite size pieces and a dash of olive oil and (1) tablespoon of Cajun Spice. Place in air-fryer on 400 for 15-20 minutes
- Once tender add to skillet with a tablespoon of olive or grape seed oil on medium high heat.
- Add the other tablespoon of Cajun Spice along with the other seasonings and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Turn pot to low and let flavors settle.
- PICKLED CABBAGE & ONION
- Slice onions and cabbage finely in thin slices
- squeeze lemons into mixing bowl and then add onions and cabbage, toss and refrigerate
- Additional toppings: I used Daiya Mexican cheese blend, Tofutti sour cream, shredded spinach, guacamole and pickled cabbage and onions. For tortillas, I poured a little oil in the skillet and browned some Mission’s street tacos.