The Best Homemade Vegan Pizza
Is the one I make a home! All the deliciousness in one easy recipe that combines fresh veggies, vegan cheese, sausage, pepperoni all packed in to this easy homemade vegan pizza recipe!
Throughout my plant-based vegan journey, I feel like vegan pizza has been one of the hardest cravings to satisfy for a few reasons. I’ve tried Fresh Brothers, Blaze Pizza, Julie Goes Green and Wholefoods but unfortunately, although good, they still didn’t cut it!
One day while grocery shopping I came across this package of Kroger Original Pizza Crust and immediately got the urge to try making pizza at home. Out of all the cravings I could imagine missing since transitioning to plant-based vegan, pizza was definitely at the top of my list. So I knew I had to figure out an alternative that would fit the bill and I think I have found it!
What makes this Vegan Pizza Recipe the best?
Well first of all is made at home! Before I became plant-based, I would have never event thought twice about making homemade pizza when there are so many options out there. That’s what makes this recipe so great! It’s a healthy alternative that non-vegans can enjoy and the way it’s made gives it it’s own unique taste and flavor. The toppings instead of just being placed on the dough are actually cooked together first so the lively flavors really hit your taste-buds in every bite.
With most pizzas, cheese is usually the star of the show but in this recipe, the cheese is only the supporting cast. That’s right, the cheese is only there for to help bring out the pizza taste. Besides, I don’t know if I even miss the stringiness and chewiness of the mozzarella! Well maybe just a little but the vegan mozzarella cheese by Violife really adds to the full pizza experience without overpowering it or making you feel like there’s something missing.
I plan on trying to make my own homemade vegan and gluten-free crust in the future but for now, in this recipe, we are using the Kroger version.
The Best Homemade Vegan Pizza RecipeCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Italian, AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This is a new twist to making homemade Vegan Pizza packed with lively flavor and full of comfort even non-vegans are going to love it!
1 large red onion
2 medium Roma tomatoes sliced
1 box of white mushrooms
1 bell pepper
2-4 Beyond Beef Italian Sausage Links (Hot)
1 package of Yves’ Veggie Pizza Pepperoni
1 bag of Violife Mozzarella Shreds
Black olives or your choice of olives
- PIZZA CRUST GARLIC SPREAD
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of vegan button
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of Italian blend
A sprinkle of dried parsley
- PIZZA CRUST
- Add your butter, garlic, Italian blend and parsley to a microwave safe bowl.
- Leave in long enough for butter to melt. Remove from microwave and add a drizzle of Olive oil.
- Use a spoon or silicon glazing brush to move the garlic spread around the head of the crust.
- Chop up your onions, tomatoes and bell pepper in a bowl
- Combine all your toppings in a skillet on medium high with a drizzle or two of Olive oil and cook thoroughly until veggies are soft. Set aside.
- Grab your pizza crust with the garlic spread and add a moderate layer of pizza sauce spreading it evening in a circular motion.
- Sprinkle about a 1/3 cup of cheese evening over the pizza dough. Next add a hefty helping of pizza toppings from the skillet you set to the side.
- Now add another 1/3 to 1/2 of cheese sparingly over the the top.
- Place your pizza in the over on 375 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until the crust is to your liking.
- You can also add additional toppings like olives and Parmesan cheese as well.